Parent's Weekend was held this past weekend and the TABA was on hand to participate in the annual Awards Ceremony for the Fightin' Texas Aggie Band. During the ceremony, band freshmen were presented with their Fish Band medals (provided by the TABA) and various other leadership, scholastic and recruiting awards were given.
Members of the Class of '12 were presented with their Aggie Band Senior Keys given by the TABA (pictured above) and TABA President Don Bailey '78 presented the Senior Cadet Leadership with plaques recognizing their daily responsibilities of leading the band both on and off the field.
Several Band outfits also received unit awards at the Parent's Weekend Review.
- OBSTACLE COURSE COMPETITION: B Company - Third Place
- PAINTBALL COMPETITION: A Battery - First Place
- CADET CHALLENGE COMPETITION: B Company - Third Place
- OUTSTANDING SCHOLASTIC UNIT - BAND: A Battery
- OUTSTANDING UNIT - BAND: B Company
- JJ SANCHEZ RECRUITING AWARD: A Battery - First Place; A Company - Second Place
- MAJ GEN BRUNO A. HOCHMUTH MILITARY ACHIEVEMENT AWARD: B Company - First Place; A Battery - Third Place
- GEN SPENCER J BUCHANAN AWARD: A Battery - Third Place
- GEORGE P F JOUINE AWARD: A Battery - Second Place
- GENERAL MOORE OUTSTANDING UNIT AWARD: A Battery - First Place; B Company - Second Place
To see a full listing of the awards and recipients, click HERE.